Shahed: IOF uses banned weapons, as number of victims of IOF attacks rises to 25
Shahed: IOF uses banned weapons, as number of victims of IOF attacks rises to 25
Friday, January 18,2008 07:04

The Palestinian institute for human rights "Shahed" demanded an international investigation in the IOF use of weapons against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

The legal group said in a statement on Wednesday that the IOF troops committed an "ugly crime" in Gaza in which more than 60 casualties were counted so far.

It said that field investigations and medical reports from Gaza indicated that the bodies of those killed in the massacre were maimed and mutilated, which supports the idea that Israel had used internationally banned weapons.

The group expressed surprise at the Arab and international silence vis-à-vis what is going on in Gaza.

Shahed charged the IOF troops with launching military attacks on Gaza without any differentiation between "civilian and military targets".

The Beirut-based group asked Egypt to open the Rafah crossing and to allow entry of badly needed medical supplies and other humanitarian assistance into the Gaza Strip.

The Israeli occupation forces" operations in Gaza and the West Bank constitute war crimes according to article 147 of the fourth Geneva Convention, the group concluded.

Meanwhile, an IOF air strike Wednesday night killed two more Palestinians in Gaza city and wounded two others. Security sources identified the two victims as members of the Nasser Salahuddin Brigades, the armed wing of the popular resistance committees.

Medical sources told PIC that the missile attack wrecked the victims" car and turned their bodies into charred remains.

Three civilians were earlier Wednesday killed in a similar IOF raid including a child.

The IOF brutal attacks claimed the lives of 25 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank over the past 48 hours.

http://www.ikhwanweb.net